Miroslava Duma | A Date With Chanel

quarta-feira, janeiro 23, 2013

















A Harper's Bazaar entrevistou a Miroslava Duma, para a produção "A Date With Chanel", e aqui fica parte dessa entrevista, que nos ajuda a conhecer melhor aquela que, para mim, é e será a melhor fashion icon!

"HB: Are there any fashion items you buy in bulk?

MD: I'll always be a fan of necklaces and coats. Maybe it's because of the weather in Russia.

HB: You're a regular on the street style scene, what was your favorite look of the month?

MD: I loved a lot of them, but think it was a Chanel look. It was crazy, I was wearing two baby Boy bags at the same time.

HB: What's your go-to beauty look?

MD: I like a strong eye, so I always use a smolder pencil and a lot of mascara

Harper's Bazaar: How did you decide on this dress?

Miroslava Duma: There were so many dresses at the showroom, but the thing is that I’m very tiny, and it’s always a problem for me to find something that does not require alterations. So, I found a dress with a high neck, which I absolutely love. It looked very "Russian doll." It’s traditional black and white Chanel, but at the same time it’s something very different. So, it seemed very original. It's something imaginative and I didn't realize until after I chose it that it was from Karl Lagerfeld's Paris-Moscow collection.

HB: How would you describe your personal style?

MD: Experimental. Today I might be wearing Levi’s jean shorts with an H&M white t-shirt and leather motorcycle jacket, tomorrow I’ll be wearing a beautiful dress by Chanel then it might be some crazy neon colors or floral prints. I’m working with fashion every single day and I’m experimenting with it. There's a Russian saying that I live by, "The one who doesn’t try anything doesn't make mistakes." So I like to take risks.

HB: This night is all about fine jewelry, what are your thoughts on investment pieces?

MD: I think it’s a very good investment — it’s not shoes or bags or a coat that might be worn out. It’s something that you may be able to give to your daughter, granddaughter, or to your son’s wife. It's something you spend money on it and it becomes a family heirloom — the Chanel pieces are very special.

HB: What are some of your go-to NYC spots?

MD: I love Serafina. They have the best foccaccia and gnocchi. In Russia we say there are people who live to eat or the ones who eat to live — I live to eat. Every morning I wake up thinking, 'where am I going to have lunch today?'

HB: What's your favorite fashion city?

MD: It’s New York, it’s always New York. I always say that special people live here, it has a special energy, crazy energy. You could do things in one day here that would take a month someplace else. People are so proactive here. They share positive energy with each other and love to give compliments to each other."



You Might Also Like

1 comentários

Obrigada pelos vossos comentários. xx***

Like us on Facebook

Add us on snapchat

Add us on snapchat

Subscribe